Tuesday, August 26, 2008

At the hosptial, expecting soon!

It seems very appropriate to begin this blog with a couple postings related to the first human addition to our family. So for the inaugural "issue", I am writing to you from Rose's room here at the Family Beginnings Unit at Group Health. We went into the hospital at about 5pm this afternoon, shortly after Rose's water broke. She spent several hours in labor, and shortly after midnight went ahead and elected to get an epidural. She is now resting peacefully, and is back to her chatty self.

I suspect my guess that the baby would be born at 4am this morning will not make it, as she is just dilated to 3cm - oh well! Hopefully we both will be resting soon, and I'll post again in the morning when things have progressed a little further. Once the baby arrives, we'll announce his name (a secret, so far) and hopefully post pictures.

No comments: