At least, not for a few days. From his birth until yesterday, Gus was at either the hospital proper or the doctor's office every day of his life. At first it was a weight check, then checking his jaundice levels each day, then once that subsided his week one checkup and then finally the circumcision yesterday. He did remarkably well for all that poking and prodding, though; I really think it took more out of poor Rose than it did him.
A mother worries over such things, naturally, and she hardly slept except a couple hours at night until we got back from Group Health yesterday. Once that weight was lifted from her shoulders she hit the sack, and has been sleeping on and off ever since. I'm very glad that she is finally able to get some well-deserved rest, and hopefully that will help speed her recovery from the delivery as well.
I'll be posting more pictures that we've taken since we got home, probably tomorrow. From now on, though, I won't announce every single time we add to our Picasa photo albums - you all will just have to check there on occasion for updates :)
Matthew 17
13 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment